To enhance safety, the TTC is in the process of replacing all of the underground diesel tanks at its bus garages with above-ground tanks, Birchmount Bus Garage’s replacement is scheduled from mid-January to the late summer of 2016.
Construction activities include:
- Excavating and removing two existing
- underground tanks from the south side of the property (west of parking lot).
- Replacing some underground infrastructure that connects the tank to the bus garage.
- Installing two new above-ground tanks at the existing location.
- All work takes place on TTC property
Work hours typically takes place during regular daytime hours 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.